How do you wash and detangle your hair? Do you have any kind of a special routine for curly texture? What do you do on a weekly basis when it comes to a hair care routine? And what about your daily hair maintenance routine? Do you have special treatments or oils for a curly texture?
A routine for a curly texture differs from the same routine for a straight texture. Curly hair may involve much more steps when it comes to a specific routine. In case you are not aware of all of these, keep reading. We have a lot of useful information to share.
Curly Hair Routine
What products to use to enhance the natural beauty of a curly texture? What kind of treatments should you do? And how to wash and dry to avoid torturing and damaging a naturally curly texture?
- Don’t over wash your hair. It is a huge misunderstanding that the more you wash it, the nicer it becomes. Usually, curly texture doesn’t look greasy on the second day after you wash it. So, it is not required to wash it every day.
- Use a moisturizing shampoo for a dry texture. A curly texture tends to be on a drier side. So, use a gentle, moisturizing shampoo. You can use a powerful clearing shampoo at the end of the month to get rid of all the oils and treatments in your hair used during the previous month. With a shampoo, focus on the hair scalp basically. Don’t apply it on the ends. The drops naturally fall through the ends.
- Never skip a conditioner. What conditioner to look for? Anything that your hair responds best to. As we have already mentioned, a curly texture usually is more on a drier side. So, go for a moisturizing conditioner too.
- One or two times a week use a hair mask.
- Brushing and detangling is a very important step here. Use either your fingers or a special brush made for a wet curly texture. When detangling, start at the bottom, moving towards the roots. If it is needed, use special leave-in conditioners and treatments that help to brush your hair and avoid knots.
- A proper towel. You can use a towel made of microfiber to avoid frizzy hair.
- Use a drop of jojoba oil, Mix it between the fingers. Apply to the ends.
- If you don’t want your hair to dry naturally, use a hair dryer. But use it with a diffuser attached.
That’s pretty much for your basic routine. There is nothing difficult in taking care of a curly texture. You just have to keep the curls soft and frizz-free.
Comments are closed.